Sunday, June 7, 2009

Q&A with developer Goce Petrovski





What are Q&A's? This new segment of the blog features a short interview with an iPhone app developer, and thoughtful questions regarding their apps.

Goce Petrovski spotlight's App Reviews first Q&A. Goce developped the apps iAchieve, Pet CV, myKids, and Golf Scores. For more info on Goce's apps, visit the App Store or http://petrovski.net.au.

----------

1. Why & when did you enter the Apple App Store market?

I entered the Apple App Store market in November 2008 with Golf Scores. I thought since I spent a lot of time developing this app for myself, why not share it with others and at the same time make some extra money.

2. What are your apps?

In the order in which they were developed and released: Golf Scores, Pet CV, my Kids, iAchieve.


3. Describe why you developed your apps, and what you hope customers will appreciate about them.

Golf Scores:
This was originally a Windows Mobile application which I developed years ago (see here http://handster.com/en/product_multi.php?id=2919&cid=4 ). When the iPhone came out I thought it would be great to have a version for it.

Pet CV:
Golf Scores did well and we started thinking of something else people would need. My mother-in-law who has lots of pets suggested an app to track pet data. Most of the pets on the screenshots for Pet CV are actually hers. While I was developing the app Sasha (one of her dogs) died and we decided to dedicate the app to her and always have her on the front screen.

myKids:
After finishing Pet CV I thought I could reuse most of the code and create a new app that would be used by parents to keep important details of their kids.

iAchieve:
This one is my wife's idea. She came up with the idea, she was deciding on the look and feel, behavior, what goes in and out, I was just developing. We were trying to encourage our older daughter who is 3 years old to keep her bed nice and dry while sleeping. Every morning when she woke up accident-free she could put a sticker on the calendar and that's where it all started. Nowadays she's forgotten about the calendar and just uses iAchieve. She chose purple as her background color, and uses a different icon everyday. My 20 month old is now using the app too as she likes to do whatever her sister does.

For all the apps, I hope my customers would appreciate everything about them. They were made with lots of consideration, and they were all continuously improved as requests and suggestions were made. I try to give them what they request where possible. That said, I greatly thank those who have emailed me with suggestions and feedbacks, and those who continue to use the apps.


4. What is your personal favorite app in the app store (aside from your own) ?

I don't actually have a favorite app, there are however few apps that I use almost every day.
They are: PortfolioLive, Bloomberg and Oz Weather.
One thing for sure, there are no games on my iPhone - I don't have time for it.

Best regards,
Goce Petrovski

No comments:

Post a Comment